Location: Home >> Apayao State College Historic Milestone 2012-2016
- Apayao State College (ASC), one of the fastest growing State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) in the Cordillera over the past several years. The current administration’s good governance is indicated by consistent increase in the GAA from P47,825,000 in 2012 to P139,318,000 (291.31% ) per actual released fund in 2016. The said increase is due to the granting of locally funded projects for the College from P300,000 in 2012 to P50,980,000 or 168.93% increase in 2016.
- The opening of doors for the accreditation raised the stature of ASC’s programs for both campuses, from zero level for all programs in 2013 to now level II in Luna campus, and from zero and level I accredited programs to now level 1 and level II, respectively, in Conner Campus. ASC was adjudged in February 2015 as one of the TOP 11 among 105 SUCs nationwide with the most number of programs awarded Level I accreditation status by an independent accrediting institution.
- Enrollment in the College has significantly increased by 83.48%, from 1,386 enrollees in SY 2011-2012 to 2,453 in SY 2015-2016. Of the total student population as of 2016, 1,080 or 44.03% were subsidized by institutional and external grants.
- One of the targets stipulated in the 2013 Institutional Development Plan (IDP) was to land as level III SUC by 2016. Recently, the College has successfully gone through the process of evaluation under the Regional Evaluation Committee (REC) last September. Should the National Evaluation Committee (NEC) concur with the REC’s report, it will raise the status of the College to level III from level II in 2012.
- In three and a half years now, 6 infrastructure projects have been completed, 4 are still on-going, while 6 will soon be implemented. Following the recommendations of the AACCUP, the current ASC administration aggressively pursued physical development to address the basic needs for classrooms, laboratories, libraries, research, extension and quality assurance facilities.
- ASC obtained through a MOA with the MLGU of Lydia Pudtol 107 hectares of land at Brgy. Lydia Pudtol Apayao as research and laboratory area for the agriculture department.
- Likewise, 1,000 hectares of land in Eva Garden, Calanasan, Apayao was made part of the FLUP of Calanasan for the ASC laboratory and research area dubbed as Biodiversity Research and Development (BIRD) Center for the Forestry department.
- The College now has a Four-Storey Research and Development Center located in Luna, Campus, and a Complementary Food Products (CFP) Facility in Sitio Payanan, San Gregorio, Luna, Apayao. The CFP Facility has started producing BIGBA (Bigas-Balatong) products such as the rice-mongo blend and rice-mongo-sesame blend for babies 0-36 months of age, and rice-mongo NutriCurls for adults and children from one (1) year old upward.
- In January 2016, the CFP Facility has already produced BIGBA products in commercial scale, supplying the needs of the school children of DepEd, especially in schools with high malnutrition rate. According to research, 56 or 96.55% of the 58 children who underwent the feeding program significantly gained wait in in 120 days.
- Consistent with her words and belief that the most important resource of the organization are its personnel, Dr. Dacyon provided the faculty with opportunities to participate as either participants or paper presenters in international research fora, seminars and trainings which brought them to places in the country and abroad.
- For the last three years, a total of 109 researches were completed. The number of completed researches surpassed the target for the three-year period. The greatest number of completed researches is noted in 2014 with 48 researches. In 2014 and 2015, ASC emerged as a consistent awardee for best papers at the regional level.
- In December, 2015, Nutriskwela Radyo Kasaranay 96.7 which is based in ASC Luna, won 1st Place in the NutriJingle Contest besting 34 other community radios all over the country. Radyo Kasaranay was given by the National Nutrition Council (NNC) of the Department of Health (DOH) through the endorsement of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- The College Information, Monitoring and Evaluation System (CIMES), on its first year of operation, has facilitated efficiency in the delivery of services in terms of enrollment, student information, Human Resource Information System (HRIS), and monitoring of operations at the different levels of management.
- In July 2013, and in November 2014,-ASC garnered major awards in regional competitions for students in essay writing contests.
- For the first time ever since ASC existed, we experienced hosting CARASUC Socio-Cultural and Literary Festival and CARASUC Athletic Meet in 2014. ASC elevated its rank from consistent 6th placer to 1st runner-up in the Athletic meet and 2nd runner-up in the Socio-Cultural and Literary Festival. This recorded a big leap in the history of the college.
- In February, 2015, ASC received a certificate of Recognition as one of the top 11 ranking SUCs with the most number of programs awarded Level 1 accredited status by the AACCUP.
- In July, 2016, DSWD-ESGPPA garnered 2nd and 3rd place on the Got talent Award during the 29th founding anniversary of the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR).
- In December 09, 2016, ASC was one of the four SUCs nationwide who are recipients of a national award from the Environment Research and Development Bureau (ERDB) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR). The award is given for ASC’s outstanding accomplishment in the Production of Quality Planting Materials (PQPM) through quality seeds and wildlings of Philippine Indigenous Premium Tree Species in support to National Greening Program (NGP). Earlier in July 2016, ASC was a recipient of a regional award by DENR-CAR on PQPM beyond targets and for empowering communities/beneficiaries through the dissemination and application of nursery and plantation establishment technologies.
The President’s Term Report (2012-2016)
Assessment Reports from the different Departments/Units