The Department of Forestry offers 4 year degree leading to Bachelor of Science in Forestry The Bachelor of Science in Forestry program aims to educate, develop and train students to become:
- Professional foresters equipped with social, economic and environmental dimensions of forestry resources;
- Competent researchers and academicians in order to advance the growth of forestry science; and
- Leaders in proper conservation and development of forest resources.
- Frontrunners in the preservation of cultural values and indigenous knowledge systems of the people of the province.
The Forestry profession is dedicated to the conservation and perpetuation of one of the most vital components of the environment and very important rural resources: the FOREST. It aims are to promote forestry knowledge and apply science and technology in, making the best use of the forest while safe-guarding the soil, the water, the air, the vegetation, the wildlife as well as the aesthetic, social and other economic values of forests; and bring about the love of nature and understanding of the environment among the people. The practice of forestry is a privilege to serve humanity. It is a profession uniting all Foresters into a crop of practitioners with a common goal and a sincere and unselfish desire to serve society and the country. .
As an institution offering forestry education, the Department has the following goals:
- Developed highly competent human resources for the management of forestry and other natural resources especially in the province and in the country as a whole;
- Produced quality and relevant researches for sustainable forestry and natural resources development;
- Promote responsive, appropriate and locally accepted technology for improved quality of life; and
- Commercialized the developed technology in forestry for income generation.
The ASC- Forestry Department has the following objectives:
- To offer excellent and relevant baccalaureate degree programs in forestry;
- To produce quality instructional materials relevant to its forestry program;
- To inculcate moral values for total human development;
- To produce quality researches relevant to institutional, regional and national development goals;
- To package generated forestry technologies for its various stakeholders; and
- To promote relevant forestry technologies for improved quality of life.
The province of Apayao is vested with vast forest resources; about sixty percent of it is still covered with thick forest. Being a young province, the directions for its development were prepared. One of the agenda included in the development of the province is to tap its forest resources for its development and at the same time manages these resources to be assured of their sustainability. However, in the implementation of this Environment and Natural Resources direction, problem was met, like lack of technical personnel in the province to implement its programs. Hence the province resorts from recruiting technically capable personnel who were not from Apayao. This situation convinces the administration of the then Apayao Institute of Science and Technology (AIST) to propose for the offering of a degree course- Bachelor of Science in Forestry. By virtue of a CHED Resolution, forestry course officially started in 1997 in Apayao Institute of Science and Technology now Apayao State College at Conner, Apayao. The academic programs basically to cater to the needs for foresters and forest rangers in Apayao Province.
Upholding the tradition of quality forestry education, the school has grown into a college in 1998. It expands its forestry program offering the same in ASC, Luna- Campus, Luna, Apayao in 2001. The two campuses (Conner and Luna) were
both offering the BSF academic program. As a process to optimize the use of manpower, equipment and financial resources of the college, the ASC Luna Campus was identified as the center of forestry education of ASC because of the available areas for laboratory activities and the forestry course offering at ASC-Conner campus was gradually phased-out resulting in the integration of the latter’s manpower and other resources of the two campuses.
For more Inquires: Apayao State College() Official Website: www.asc.edu.ph Fax number: (078)844 0929 Cellphone number:09189376233 Email Address: email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org